Urban Plus Group
The Urban Plus Group consists of Urban Plus Limited, UPL Limited Partnership and UPL Developments Limited.
Urban Plus Limited is wholly owned by Hutt City Council and operates as a Council-Controlled Organisation (CCO). We were established in May 2007 as a specialist property company tasked with supporting the objectives of Hutt City Council. As a CCO we are required to conduct our affairs in accordance with sound business practice.
Since taking ownership of Council’s portfolio of social housing in 2007 we have managed and invested into this portfolio ever since. Our rental housing is targeted towards the low-income elderly of the Hutt Valley. We also provide specialist property services, advice and facilities management to Council and are involved in a range of property development activities.
As a CCO, we are able to ensure the best of both worlds for our clients. We use our business acumen to make the best possibly financial return, while at the same time using our public sector knowledge and expertise to ensure we meet out clients’ social objectives.
Our team has extensive experience in property related operations and is led by CEO Craig Walton. This, combined with a governance Board made up of both private and public sector Directors, gives the company an unrivaled position of strength in the public sector housing and property development market.
Urban Plus Limited utilises UPL Limited Partnership and UPL Developments Limited as vehicles to undertake its residential property development projects.
About Our Projects
UPL Limited Partnership undertakes property development projects for numerous reasons:
- Undertake profit-driven developments to generate funds to grow our own housing portfolio (see below for more on this);
- We are charged with growing our own residential portfolio – which currently provides rental accommodation to the low income elderly. We charge below market rent, and are not funded by the ratepayer. Our target is to add another 70 units by 2020;
- Assist the Shareholder (Hutt City Council) in its target to add 6,000 new homes in Lower Hutt by 2032;
- Provide affordable housing to the market. For instance, we released 30% of our Fairfield Waters development at under $400,000;
- Provide a range of housing products to the market, with a view to increase medium-density developments on the valley floor.
Fairfield Waters - Fairfield
COMPLETED – SOLD OUT
This distinctive housing development has been designed by Solari Architects and is a great example of high quality, medium density housing. The development was sold out months before completion. All homes are now finished with the final set of keys handed over in June 2018.
The new road, Glen Evans Crescent, was officially opened in February 2018 and was named after ex. Lower Hutt Mayor, Glen Evans who was a great leader and contributor to our city.
Parkview - Avalon
UNDER CONSTRUCTION – SOLD OUT
This exciting new subdivision features 24, fee simple sections with a range of boutique, three-bedroom family homes in the peaceful surrounds of Avalon Park and views to the Western Hills.
Central Park on Copeland - Epuni
SELLING NOW www.central-park.nz
Featuring 34 architecturally designed townhouses – with a mix of two and three bedroom configurations. Central Park on Copeland is conveniently located within a couple of minutes walking distance of Epuni shopping district, Hutt Hospital, Mitchell Park and Epuni train station.